When you crawl into bed at night, do you feel like you have fallen into a cloud? Does your bed wrap around you and make you feel like you are lying in the lap of luxury? If not, then you need to look into getting a feather mattress topper.
Unlike the tradition mattress pad, this mattress topper lies on top of your regular mattress and gives you an extra layer of soft support much like a pillow top mattress. When you got to choose a mattress topper of this type for your bed, you need to consider what you would want in a down comforter. Look for the same things when buying a feather mattress topper to get one that is perfect for you.
* Consider the fill used in your feather mattress topper. Some toppers are filled with both down and feathers. If you choose a topper which is made of 100% goose down, your topper will last longer and have more loft. This down must come from mature birds as it is less likely to break through the ticking or fabric cover.
* Consider the construction of this ticking also. Poorly made ones will be stitched through or top-stitched. Choose one that has either channel or box baffles. These are small cloth strips sewn into the ticking which gives the fill more rise while also keeping it distributed more evenly.
* Make sure you get a feather mattress topper sized for yoru bed. If you have a double bed, you need a double sized topper. Manufacturers now make these in every size from single or twin to California king.
* Fill power should also be looked at. This number refers to the amount of down clusters in one cubic inch. When looking at this number, you need to understand that this does not give you a sense of the firmness of the topper, but rather the quality. The higher the number, the longer your topper will last.
* High thread cotton covers should be chosen whenever possible. Most toppers come with a protective cover and you want one this is tightly woven. This helps to prevent down from poking through the fabric and disturbing your sleep.
Mattress toppers are frequently used in addition to a mattress pad rather than as an alternative. The choice is up to you. When you choose a feather mattress topper, you will sleep in comfort and luxury every night.